3rd Annual Beginning Farmer & Rancher Conference
Start2Farm Together is the 3rd Annual Beginning Farmer and Rancher Conference and will take place on March 17-18, 2013 in Raleigh, NC. In contrast to previous years, this conference will be a forum for the improvement of beginning farmer and rancher development. This forum will feature a national conversation about the needs and opportunities of beginning farmers of all types throughout the country. The ultimate purpose of this conversation will be to share best practices, resources, and ideas nationwide about the effective development of successful beginning farmers and ranchers. We also hope to find common ground among varying types of agriculture that will provide a focus for efforts that will ultimately benefit all farmers.
Benefits of conference attendance include:
· Opportunity to share and take away ideas and best practices for beginning farmer and rancher development.
· Participation in a national conversation about the needs and opportunities of beginning farmers of all types.
· Develop relationships and collaborative efforts with other beginning farmer and rancher educators and service providers.
Topics for exploration include:
· Land Access
· Farm and Ranch Profitability including marketing and enterprise analysis
· Purpose, function, and future of the Start2Farm.gov Project- website and conference
· Engaging farmers new and old- getting young people interested in agriculture and preserving the knowledge that already exists
Outcomes from this event will be posted to www.start2farm.gov
The Start2Farm Together conference will be of value to all participants seeking to create collaborations for the future. We hope you will be a part of this event.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To exhibitors and sponsors-
Many people and organizations have contacted us with an interest in supporting the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Conference. Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm. The nature of this year’s meeting will not provide an opportunity for us to host exhibitors. However, we hope to include opportunities in the future for exhibitors and sponsors to show their support for beginning farmers and ranchers in the United States and/or show conference attendees what services and products they have to offer. You are welcome to attend the meeting this year but there will not be exhibitor booths.