Insights is a monthly digital newsletter for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech. It serves the faculty and staff for the college and Virginia Cooperative Extension. It is produced by the CALS Office of Communications and Marketing.
For questions/comments/submissions, please contact the Insights Editor.
Content for each month’s issue is submitted from through the college and Extension during the previous month. News, events, activity updates, awards, etc., are all things appropriate for submission — and please include photos if you have them! The Insights Editor will edit the submitted content for style consistency, grammar, and mechanics.
The Office of Communications and Marketing does not write original content for other units and offices for use in Insights. If you wish to have an article written for publication, please contact Zeke Barlow, assistant director, or Lori Greiner, VCE communications manager.
- We adhere to the Virginia Tech Principles of Community
- Please be respectful and civil to other community members and guests, even in disagreement.
- Vulgar, profane, sexually graphic, threatening, racist, abusive, hateful, violent, or obscene content, language, or behavior (posts, member names, subject lines, images, etc.) is not allowed and is cause for immediate deletion and suspension of posting privileges, and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- We encourage you to provide valuable links to other online resources. Before directly posting articles, news reports, or other copyrighted material, however, please secure the permission of the relevant copyright owners.
- Do not flood or spam, or post chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail, etc.
- This is a place for creating connections, but excessive commercial solicitation, requests for investors or capital, or advertising that impedes the community experience for others is not acceptable.
- The views expressed by community members on the site do not necessarily reflect those of our company.