Congratulations to the April Employee of the Month – Karen Barnhart! She is the human resources and benefits administrative assistant in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Human Resources office.
Barnhart’s nominators praised her work ethic and attitude saying she “is always cheery and helpful. If she does not have an answer for you, she will find out and get back with you. She stays current on personnel updates in the university and is always willing to explain if necessary to the departmental HR staff.”
Barnhart has even sent email notices to the departments to let them know about research extended appointments and PeopleAdmin training sessions (to name a couple) being available and where to register for the classes.
As the April Employee of the Month, she received a plaque and gifts from the college, has her photo displayed in the case in Hutcheson Hall, and will be eligible to be considered for the 2015-16 Employee of the Year award.
Other 2015-2016 Employee of the Month Award Recipients include:
- March – David Dunaway, agricultural technician, Eastern Virginia Agricultural Research and Extension Center
- February – Cynthia Beatty, scholarship coordinator, CALS Office of Academic Programs
- January – Stephanie Slocum, Dean’s office support specialist, CALS Administration
- December– Jeff Burr, greenhouse manager, Department of Horticulture
- November – Robin Williams, federal project coordinator, CALS Research
- October – John Mason, research specialist senior, Eastern Shore Agricultural Research and Extension Center
- September- Denise Dodd, database specialist, Department of Entomology
- August- Ryan Mays, research specialist, Department of Entomology
- July- Sammi Kent, unit administrative assistant, Greensville/Emporia Virginia Cooperative Extension office