The National Health Outreach Conference Planning Committee is now accepting proposals for the 2016 National Health Outreach Conference All-Aboard!: Building Partnerships for a Healthy America to be held April 6-8, 2016 in Roanoke, Virginia.
Who’s invited: We are soliciting presentations from a wide variety of professionals doing work that fosters health and wellness for individuals, families and communities. Those professionals may include, but are not limited to: university faculty in medical and other academic institutions; public health professionals; local, state and federal agency partners; practitioners in the health care industry; students and Cooperative Extension professionals.
When: April 6-8, 2016
Where: The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Roanoke, Virginia
Conference theme: All Aboard!: Building Partnerships for a Healthy America
Conference goal: Build a collaborative approach among organizations and agencies to achieve a healthier and safer America by promoting health and wellness, advancing health equity and reducing health disparities.
Interested individuals may submit proposals for five different types of presentations:
- Workshop – Sixty-minute interactive capacity-building workshop. Participants learn how to utilize a new approach, program, curriculum, or method.
- Seminar – Sixty-minute session designed to help participants gain a deeper understanding of a phenomenon, concept, or issue.
- Research/Evaluation Report – Thirty-minute presentation of a scholarly paper that shares results of community assessments, applied research, programmatic interventions, or campus-community partnerships.
- Poster – Information about a program, project, or resource displayed and hosted by the presenter during a reception.
- iGNITE Session – 5-7 minute presentations with up to 15 PowerPoint slides. Focus on one program or evaluation. Ten presentations will be grouped together to form one fast-paced session hosted by a moderator.
Proposal Submission Deadlines:
- Oct. 16, 2015
- Individuals will be notified of status of proposal no later than Feb. 1, 2016
For more information, visit the National Health Outreach Conference website. You can submit your proposal via a survey web link.