Congratulations to all of our recent award winners! We are so proud of our many faculty and staff members who were recognized in this year’s university Awards for Excellence.
- Frenda Wall Haynie, undergraduate student advisor and program coordinator for the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, received the university’s Provost’s Award for Excellence in Advising.
- Ruth H. Lytton, professor of agricultural and applied economics and director of the financial planning program at Virginia Tech, was presented with the university’s Alumni Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising.
- Martha A. Walker of Ringgold, Virginia, community viability specialist for the Central District Virginia Cooperative Extension Office, has received Virginia Tech’s Alumni Award for Excellence in Extension.
- Jennifer Bowen of Farmville, Virginia, senior Extension agent in 4-H youth development and unit coordinator for Prince Edward County, Virginia, received Virginia Tech’s Alumni Award for Excellence in Extension.
We’d also like to congratulate some of our students for their recent awards!
- Jessica K. Li of Martinsville, Virginia, a senior with dual degrees in human, nutrition, foods, and exercise and biological sciences has been selected as the Virginia Tech Undergraduate Student of the Year. She is also minoring in chemistry.
- Hope Wentzel of Alexandria, Virginia, was presented with the college’s Outstanding Senior Award. Hope is completing a bachelor’s degree in animal and poultry sciences with a minor in forestry.
- Sarah R. McCoski of Amsterdam, N.Y., was named the college’s outstanding master’s degree student. McCoski is earning her M.S. in animal and poultry sciences.
- Phoebe Williams of Charlottesville, Virginia, was named the college’s outstanding doctoral student. She is earning her Ph.D. in biochemistry.
Congratulations to all on their accomplishments!