The CALS Fall Fest Homecoming Tailgate is Saturday, Sept. 20 when Virginia Tech plays Georgia Tech.
I would like to invite all departments and units in the college to participate in CALS Homecoming by setting up an exhibit to showcase the good work going on in your programs. Several industries will be representing Virginia agriculture.
I will send notes out to the students and clubs when they return in August, but I wanted to get this on the radar screens of faculty and staff now.
- Parking will be available at the Alphin-Stuart Livestock Teaching Arena at 601 Plantation Road.
- We will provide transportation for you and your display items between parking and the tailgate location both before and after the game. The shuttles will run starting five hours before kickoff and shortly following the end of the game until everyone is taken care of.
- For on-campus groups, you may drop off your display items in the Litton Reaves Student Lounge on Friday afternoon by 5 p.m. Items can be stored in the lounge during the game but need to be picked up following the end of the game.
- Please check in at the registration table when you arrive to pick up nametag(s), meal ticket(s), game ticket(s), etc.
- I will provide an eight-foot table and chair(s). Tables will be labeled with your department’s name. If you require any special setup accommodations, just let me know.
- The tailgate will be open to our guests starting three hours before kickoff.
- Plan for 150-200 people to visit your booth.
Please let me know if your department or unit is interested in participating with an exhibit.
Hope to have many of you join us.
— Jamie Lucero-Cowell