The Hahn Horticulture Garden and Montgomery County 4-H invites you to help spread the news about the Junior Master Gardener program.
This program is a fun youth gardening program modeled after the highly successful adult Master Gardener program. It offers horticultural and environmental science education through creative gardening activities. The program includes 26 classes over the spring and fall. Classes will be led by trained Master Gardener volunteers with support from Hahn Horticulture Garden and Extension staff (generally 3 adults for each class).
Hahn Horticulture Garden will provide garden space for some of the gardening projects. Participants in this program will have the opportunity to become certified Junior Master Gardeners through hands-on learning, community service, and leadership projects. Youth will be encouraged to work towards Junior Master Gardener certification, though it is not required. Details about certification will be explained at the first meeting.
- Ages: Open to all county youth (4-H and non 4-H members) in grades 3 – 5
- Dates: Fall Dates will be announced following the spring sessions (which end in May) but will be held on Wednesdays
- Times: Classes are 4 – 6 p.m.
- Location: Hahn Horticulture Garden and Pavilion, Virginia Tech Campus
- Cost: $50 per semester ($100 total). This fee covers a student handbook for each student, class supplies, and recognition items (chapter medals and final certification medal).
If financial assistance is needed, there are some different payment options available. All participants must complete a 4-H health history form.
Registration for the fall classes will begin at the conclusion of the spring classes.