Fellow ANR Extension Agents & Specialists:
The competition was strong in this year’s Communications Awards Competition within the Virginia Association of Agricultural Extension Agents (VAAEA) and our National Association of County Ag Agents (NACAA). We all work with some fine people doing great work, and it’s a privilege to recognize their hard work.
With a total of eight entries from five different Agents in six of the 14 categories, we have six state awards given to four Agents. Two Agents have made it to the regional level where they will compete against other regional finalists for the national awards.
Please join me in congratulating these fellow professionals and outstanding communicators!
- Andy Overbay for Computer Generated Presentation Communication Excellence
- Andy Overbay for Personal Column Communication Excellence
- Mike Parrish for Individual Newsletter Communication Excellence
- Cynthia Gregg for Publication Communication Excellence
Virginia’s Regional Finalists are:
- Peter Callan for Feature Story Communication Excellence
- Jennifer Lignon for Website/Online Content Communication Excellence
The winners will compete against our colleagues across the nation, and we wish you the best and thank you for representing Virginia well.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to consider and submit either their own work or the work of others and to the judges for serving as such and wishing to remain anonymous.
I encourage everyone to keep this opportunity in mind for next year and plan to nominate your work or that of a colleagues. (Nominees must be a current member of the NACAA/VAAEA to participate.)
Respectfully and with wishes for more rain,
Adam K. Downing
VAAEA Communications Awards Chair
Northern District Extension Forester, Madison Co.