One of the easiest and most effective ways that Extension faculty and staff members can promote their programs and events is by posting them on their local calendar. Each local unit office and Agricultural Research and Extension Center has a calendar. For a complete listing of VCE calendars, visit the calendar page on the VCE website.
There are many benefits to using the your VCE calendar.
- Your calendar provides a central location to post event details and contact information.
- Information can be easily added and updated by using the Web-based interface.
- Viewers can download individual calendar items directly to their own calendars and mobile devices.
- Information can be shared easily on other unit calendars, helping to promote your programming to neighboring communities.
- Calendar items can be put on a topic calendar, making it easy for viewers to find similar events.
- Having events on your calendar allows other faculty members to see what is planned so they do not schedule similar events on the same day.
- Calendar events can be easily promoted on other websites and through social media.
- Having complete information easily accessible on your calendar should reduce the number of emails and phone calls you receive with questions about events.
Putting an item on the calendar is as easy as filling out an online form. For more information on how to use the VCE calendars, visit our online training.
Make sure to include as much information as possible, including a link to a website that has additional details, links to paperwork, and registration information. If clients know that they can rely on the information to be accurate and helpful, they will review the calendar on a regular basis, making your job all that much easier.
Remember, people won’t participate if they don’t know what is going on. The first step to promoting your program is to post it on your calendar!
Pingback: Strategies for Better Communication recent posts | Insights