Opportunity to Co-lead a Group of Students on an Overseas Volunteer Project Summer 2017
International Student Volunteers (ISV) is looking for faculty and graduate students to serve as University Leaders (ULs) for a minimum of two weeks on ISV’s 2017 May to August Volunteer Programs in Australia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, New Zealand, South Africa or Thailand. Expenses will be covered; see below for details.
THE ISV PROGRAM
ISV offers students a unique 4-Week Program consisting of a 2-week volunteer project in conservation or community development, followed by an exciting and educational 2-week tour that highlights the best natural and cultural wonders of the host country. Our projects focus on experiential education and making a positive impact to underserved communities, degraded habitats and endangered species by working closely with local organizations and community leaders within each host country. Project activities include:
Building playgrounds, latrines, daycare centers and classrooms
- Providing children’s healthcare and education programs, in addition to sports and recreation
- Teaching children basic English, math, health and hygiene
- Assisting with terrestrial and marine ecology research programs
- Habitat restoration and wildlife protection
- Providing care for threatened wildlife and rescued animals, including special focus projects for pre-veterinary groups in sanctuaries and reserves
- Organic farming and erosion control
INTERNATIONAL RECOGNTION AND AWARDS
ISV is an internationally-acclaimed organization offering award-winning programs to students around the world. More than 350 universities worldwide have awarded course and internship credits to thousands of students for participation in an ISV Program. Additionally, all students will receive the President’s Volunteer Service Award provided as part of the U.S. President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation
ISV was also awarded a TOP TEN volunteer organization by the U.S. State Department. More than 30 members of the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives serve on our Board of Reference in support of the nearly 4 million hours of volunteer work contributed to date by ISV participants.
UNIVERSITY LEADER EXPENSES COVERED BY ISV
Round-trip international flights and all in-country travel within the host country
- Accommodations and three meals per day provided on the Volunteer Project
- All on-site project training and material, with 24 hours support from ISV in-country office
HOW TO EXPRESS INTEREST
If you are interested in becoming a University Leader and co-leading a group of students on an ISV conservation or community development project next summer, please click here to complete an interest form.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Please refer to our website for detailed information about ISV Programs, destination countries, dates and more. Check out the over 600 ISV participant reviews on GoOverseas.com, and get a 90 second video overview of the ISV Programs.