Awards will be granted as follows:
- For the modification of an existing course: $3,500
- For the creation of a new course: $5,000
To apply, please submit the following:
- a brief narrative (150-200 words) describing your intended revision of an existing syllabus or outlining the details of the new globally focused course that you envision
- a timeline of the course’s progression from start to finish.
- designation of the departmental fund to which the award should be transferred in the event your proposal is selected.*
Applications should not exceed two pages. Submit applications by April 22, 2015 to GEO.GrantApplication@vt.edu.
The University of Guadalajara is launching a new summer program for U.S. students to study in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta. The university is offering a generous subsidy for students to participate. We hope you will share this information broadly and encourage your students to consider Guadalajara’s summer program. Detailed information about the program is attached. There is also information online at: http://www.cgci.udg.mx/pepe2015. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Global Education is collaborating with the Office of International Research, Education, and Development for an International Safe Zone 101 session and with Cook Counseling Center for a Mental Health First Aid session for faculty program leaders, bilateral exchange coordinators, college international liaisons and those involved in international education and/or student advising.
The curriculum for these sessions will be very resource-focused and scenario driven. We’d like your input as to whether you’d be interested in attending, which times are best suited, and what questions or concerns you may have.
If interested, please provide input through the following survey: https://virginiatech.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_43lshRoeZ2ajlJj