NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Partners of the Americas, and the Department of State are pleased to announce the latest grant competition as part of President Barack Obama’s 100,000 Strong in the Americas Initiative. 100,000 Strong in the Americas is the Administration’s signature education initiative in the Western Hemisphere designed to foster region-wide prosperity through increased higher education collaboration. To implement the President’s vision, the Department of State established a public-private partnership with NAFSA: Association of International Educators and Partners of the Americas to raise money for competitive “Innovation Grants” for higher education institutions, following the work of the Commission on the Abraham Lincoln Study Abroad Fellowship Program and the Senator Paul Simon Study Abroad Act.
- The Promoting Study Abroad Partnerships for Innovation and Collaboration competition is available to all higher education institutions in the Western Hemisphere.
- Grants up to $25,000 will be awarded to institutions that show a commitment to increasing student mobility between the United States and Canada, the Caribbean, and/or Latin America.
Dates for your calendar:
- Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015- RFP goes live! See the RFP here. See commonly asked questions from the previous Santander round here.
- Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015- Webinar on 100K Americas Proposal Tips (English) Register here.
- Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015- Deadline for Questions about Competition 6. Ask your questions here.
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015- Webinar on 100K Americas Proposal Tips (Spanish). Register here.
- Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015- Q&As posted online. See here.
- Friday, Mar 6, 2015- Proposal deadline. Submit proposal here.
- No later than April 15, 2015- Announcement of winners