Internship: 2 weeks in July 2017
We are willing to work with you if you need more time in order to receive school credit.
We are accepting 2 interns.
Interns will receive housing plus a stipend.
- Gain experience with both management of grass-fed beef and commercial beef
- Gain an understanding of maternal herd management, terminal herd management, bull herd management, and heifer development
- Responsible for care and maintenance of farm including barns, riding arenas, cattle working facilities, and equipment
- Assist in record keeping of cattle herds and horses
- Market grass-fed beef directly to customers
- Gain experience and knowledge of Federal, State, and Non-Profit Programs overlaying the agricultural industry; EQUIP, CREP, NRCS and TNC, etc.
Sinking Creek Land and Cattle’s requirements:
- Must be currently involved in a college or university to be considered
- Write a one page essay during your internship
- Bring new ideas to our organization
- Create a presentation about what you learned, what you enjoyed, and what you would change about the farm and internship program
Application deadline: April 14th.