From Division of Student Affairs:
We are excited to announce changes coming your way regarding student organization re-registration. Re-registration for the 2016-2017 academic year will look very different. Please read this post in its entirety to learn about all of the changes that are taking place.
- Re-registration Deadlines– a big difference!
- In the past, re-registration has opened around mid-August and was rolling all year long.
- This year, re-registration will open on March 22 and will close on Friday, September 16.
- If your organization is not re-registered by Friday, September 16, you will have to wait until the following academic year to re-register.
- A new facet of re-registration is a requiredRe-Registration Workshop.
- These will take place three times a week from March 22 through April 30. They will also be offered at various times over the summer and in the fall.
- Before your organization can complete re-registration in GobblerConnect, someone who will be in a leadership role for the 2016-2017 academic year must attend a workshop.
- The schedule can be found here:
|Tuesday, March 22||3:00-5:00 p.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Thursday, March 24||10:00-11:30 a.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Monday, March 28||1:00-2:30 p.m.||Room 219, Squires|
|Tuesday, March 29||3:00-5:00 p.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Thursday, March 31||10:00-11:30 a.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Monday, April 4||11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||Room 219, Squires|
|Tuesday, April 5||3:00-5:00 p.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Thursday, April 7||5:30-7:00 p.m.||Room 219, Squires|
|Monday, April 11||11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||Room 219, Squires|
|Tuesday, April 12||3:00-5:00 p.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Thursday, April 14||5:30-7:00 p.m.||Room 219, Squires|
|Tuesday, April 19||3:00-5:00 p.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Wednesday, April 20||11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||Brush Mountain B, Squires|
|Thursday, April 21||5:30-7:00 p.m.||Room 219, Squires|
|Monday, April 25||1:00-2:30 p.m.||Room 219, Squires|
|Tuesday, April 26||4:30-6:00 p.m.||Room 300, Squires|
|Wednesday, April 27||10:00-11:30 a.m.||Room 219, Squires|
- If you have a laptop computer, please bring it with you. There will be an opportunity to re-register your organization during the workshop.
- As a current officer in your organization, please be sure to give your new leadership administrative access on your GobblerConnect page. It can be done via these easy steps:
- Select Roster
- Manage Roster (the new leadership will have to be on the roster before they can be added as leaders)
- Find member > Edit Positions
- Once your organization has attended a workshop, they can complete re-registration via GobblerConnect.
- Directions for re-registering will be given during the workshop.
- Benefits of early re-registration and what you’ll miss out on if you don’t!
- Communication and Updates
- Re-registering your organization earlier allows the organization to receive the most up to date information from Student Engagement and Campus Life.
- Updating your organization allows for a more seamless transition between officers and more continuity in the organization’s programming and functions.
- This year, your organization must be re-registered for the 2016-2017 academic year BEFORE you can register for Gobblerfest.
- Registration for Gobblerfest will open on April 18 and close on August 1 (or when it is full).
- Again, if your organization is not re-registered by August 1, you cannot participate in Gobblerfest.
- Room Reservations
- Space reservations, for the 2016-2017 academic year, through the Event Planning Office in Squires Student Center, will open on May 1.
- Any organization who is re-registered by May 1 will be able to make room reservations at that point.
- This DOES NOT apply to academic spaces. Those rooms will be eligible for reservation 6 days after the start of the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Student Budget Board Funding
- To be eligible to apply for funds through Student Budget Board, your organization will need to be re-registered by Friday, September 16, 2016.
- Funding Workshops will still be required and offered on a regular basis, beginning in the fall semester.
- Communication and Updates
We are excited about the opportunities that these changes provide and know that this will help create a smoother and more holistic process for each of your organizations!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out at any time. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and see us in Squires 225.
With gratitude for all you’ve done to shape our Hokie Community,
– Your Student Engagement & Campus Life Team