On Friday, May 17, our college celebrated its 11 outstanding seniors:
- Jocelyn Roten, Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Shasta Sowers, Agricultural and Extension Education
- Daniel Alley, Agricultural Technology
- Camilla Hughes, Animal and Poultry Sciences
- Kelly Barford, Biochemistry
- Brian Parkhurst, Biological Systems Engineering
- Spencer Shanholtz, Crop and Soil Environmental Sciences
- Isaac Hammock, Dairy Science
- Julie McIntire, Food Science and Technology
- Jacob Shreckhise, Horticulture
- Kristen DeAngelis, Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise
- 2013 Overall Outstanding Senior- Shasta Sowers
A reception in their honor was held at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center. Parents, families, faculty, advisors, and staff were invited to attend and celebrate these seniors’ outstanding accomplishments.
The CALS Academic Programs Office has part-time positions open for current students to assist with Summer Orientation programming. If you’re in Blacksburg for the summer, consider this opportunity to participate in welcoming new freshmen and transfer students entering our College. Please consider this flexible working opportunity – you can work any or all of our Orientation sessions. Orientation dates and times are listed below:
Transfer Orientation – June 24 -25 – 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Freshmen Orientation – July 8 – July 26 (multiple days/times – see schedule below)
Weekly – Monday – Thursday – 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Weekly – Tuesday – Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
For more information contact Bobbie Potter, Coordinator of Recruitment and Community College Liaison – 1060 Litton-Reaves Hall or firstname.lastname@example.org.