Everyone is invited to the 2015 CALS Fall Fest Homecoming Tailgate on Monday, Sept. 7 from 4 – 7 p.m. before the Virginia Tech- Ohio State game. If you are planning to attend, please make sure to register!
In addition to attending this fun event, I would like to invite all departments and units in the college to participate in CALS Homecoming by setting up an exhibit to showcase the good work going on in your programs.
Several industries will be representing Virginia Agriculture and around 30 alumni and faculty from the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences at Ohio State will be joining us.
Below are some expanded details for the event.
- Parking will be available at the Alphin-Stuart Livestock Teaching Arena at 601 Plantation Road.
- We will provide transportation for you and your display items between parking and the tailgate location both before and after the game. The shuttles will run starting at 2:30 p.m., again at 6 p.m. and then shortly following the end of the game until everyone is taken care of.
- For on-campus groups, you may drop off your display items in the Litton Reaves Student Lounge on Friday afternoon by 5 p.m. Items can be stored in the lounge during the game but need to be picked up following the end of the game or on Tuesday morning.
- Please check in at the registration table when you arrive to pick up nametag(s), meal ticket(s), game ticket(s), etc.
- I will provide a 6-foot table and chair(s). If you require any special setup accommodations, just let me know.
- The tailgate will be open to our guests 4 – 7 p.m.
- We should have around 150-200 in attendance.
All current faculty, staff, and students are free but must register online.