The Virginia Family Nutrition Program hosted the Nutrition Assistants’ Multi-state Healthy Living Express in May in Roanoke with eight states in attendance. Here are the award winners from Virginia!
The winner is selected from the current Outstanding Performance nominees. The award recognizes excellence of FNP program assistants and FCS SNAP-Ed Agents.
- Susan Colvin, FNP SNAP-Ed Adult Program Assistant, Louisa County, Northern District
- Dottie Havlik, FCS SNAP-Ed Agent, Southwest District
This award recognizes outstanding performance of FNP Program assistants and FCS SNAP-Ed agents, encourages innovation and creativity in program delivery, and promotes local and state recognition of outstanding performance.
- Kim Russell, FNP SNAP-Ed youth program assistant, Smyth County, Southwest District
- Tia Powell, FNP SNAP-Ed adult/youth program assistant, Greenville/Emporia, Central District
- Brenda Watkevich, FNP SNAP-Ed adult program assistant, Culpepper County, Northern District
- Georgette Yates-Mosley, FNP EFNEP youth program assistant, Culpepper County, Northern District
- Saroj Khurana, FNP SNAP-Ed adult program assistant, Fairfax County, Northern District
- Ann Vargo, FCS SNAP-Ed agent, Southeast Jamestown District
Recognizes FNP Program Assistants and FCS SNAP-Ed agents for excellent performance with less than three years of employment in FNP.
- Destiny Walker, FNP SNAP-Ed adult program assistant, Roanoke County, Central District
- Tonya Pickett, FCS SNAP-Ed agent, Central District
Recognizes outstanding teamwork and cooperation among Family Nutrition Program assistant(s) and/or FCS SNAP-Ed agents as well as others such as Extension agents, volunteers, other program assistants, staffs from other organizations, and/or individuals with whom FNP partners.
- Chesapeake team – Michael Andruczyk, Ami Sani, and Rumel Johnson
- Tangier Island team – Theresa Long, Joyce Petit-Dix, Jackie Haymaker, and Susan O’Brien
- Smyth County team – Kim Russell, Dottie Havlik, Travis Staton and Angie Sproles
Friends of FNP Award
This award is to honor an outstanding individual or group, outside of Cooperative Extension, who has significantly contributed to the FNP program, and has provided on-going support for the FNP Program Assistant or FCS SNAP-ED Agents to achieve program goals.
- Feeding America Southwest Virginia
- Cindy Debusk – Piedmont Health District